Thursday, June 16, 2011

All Quiet on the Western Front

We've been in Michigan since Saturday for a high school graduation. Since I didn't bring my regular computer, I haven't loaded any pics. But we have been enjoying some local food.
If you are a fan of local brews, get yourself to Arcadia Ales in Battle Creek. They have great seasonal beers like their summer Whitsun, and their wood-fired pizzas are darn tasty as well (although I ordered a sandwich so that HRH could have the chips that came with it).
Scott also made sure to stock up on Oberon Ale, a summer beer from Bell's Brewery in Kalamzoo. We can finally get it in Arizona, but for the longest time, it was only found in Michigan, so we always looked forward to summer, when the restaurants and pubs in the area put Oberon on tap.
I'll have more when we get back, but in the meantime, HRH is busy being spoiled by her Papa and Yaya and taking up the entire bed, so neither Scott (who made a lovely pork verde again today) nor I have been sleeping all that well. Wish us sweet dreams for the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment