Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Carb Loading. Seven Weeks Early.

I am exhausted this week.  It's more than likely from all the excitement and fun of the long holiday weekend, but it's still not super fun to hit one's wall at, oh, noon.
I'm starting to think that I need some help from the Dr. at ten, two, and four.  But we don't want to go down that road, do we?  I just managed to zip up my size 6 jeans today, and I'm not going back.
I've also been a bit sore and achy.  In fact, I am lounging with a heating pad against my neck and shoulders right now.  And it feels soooooooooooo gooooooooooood.  It's making me want an electric blanket.  Do they even sell those here in Arizona?
Thanks to a combination of a little one who thought that 5:30 was a good time to get up and a crazy work day unraveling my best laid plans, Tuesday ended up being a rest day instead of cross training, so I knew I had to get something done today, but even pilates seemed like it was too much, so I popped in the yoga DVD instead.  It actually felt really nice to stretch out this morning, so I know I needed it.
That HRH wanted "slurp-a-spaghetti" for dinner didn't help, either.  I horked down two bowlsful of angle hair with about two pounds of parm before HRH could take five bites (relax - I had red sauce, which I'm pretty sure Congress just decided was a day's worth of veggies).  Then I had half a loaf of French bread.  That whole appetite increasing thing that Runner's World magazine has obviously kicked in.
Time to boil some eggs.
Tomorrow is a run day - I can't put that off - but I think I'll take it a bit easier than my usual, pace-wise.  I mean, if Zooey lets me (she's serious about her training).  But I think I'll continue with the yoga for this week and then regroup on Sunday.
Running Pack in the Sky - how do you combat change of weather and/or mileage increase slumps?  What's your favorite energy boosting food?
What's your favorite revitalizing strategy?
Bonus Question - what literary allusion did this blog post include?
Now, if you'll excuse me, Zooey and I have a date with a pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment