Monday, July 18, 2011

A Sweet Challenge

A few weeks ago, I admitted that I have stopped washing my hair with shampoo and my face with soap, replacing those routines with, respectively, baking soda/vinegar and oil.
When doing the research that led me to make those decisions, one of the websites that really spurred my interest in hearing down the more natural path was Crunchy Betty.
Well, she's at it again!
This time, it's the Crunchy Betty Honey Challenge!
OK, it's not really a challenge.  I think.  The objective: wash my face with honey (and water) for the next two weeks.  That can't be that hard, right?
I mean, unless I bought the wrong honey, which is entirely possible, as I just saw a sneak peek of Crunchy Betty's video (watch it - it's super cute and funny), and the honey that I bought it waaaaaay thicker than that.  If it's too thick, maybe it will be a disaster!  But it's all gonna be OK, right?  Right.  Phew.  Thanks!
Well, if it's anywhere near as fantastic as the oil cleansing method, I'm totally game for doing this.  Bonus - the honey smells amazing!
So who's up for taking part in the challenge, too?  The list of goods is short:
  1. raw, unpasteurized honey
  2. water
  3. a clean towel
That's it.  The honey can be found at local health food stores (I got mine at Sprouts - they had lots of brands).
For instructions, check out the challenge page - it's looks pretty darn easy.  I can't wait to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment