Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Workout Wednesday - Playlist

I am terrible at updating my running playlist. Not that I feel like I need to change things up regularly, but I've realized that I've become "that mom" who listens to NPR instead of music stations and as such, I have no idea what the hip new music the kids are listening to these day.
We're saying hip again, right?
So it was a big deal that I downloaded and added three whole songs to my playlist this week.
There are now 44 songs on my "Half Marathon" playlist. I'm not sure why I still call it that; I listen to it whenever I run, not just when I'm training for or running in a half marathon. I should probably rename it, but I probably won't.
I don't really go with a theme for music, although I tend to go in waves of what I want to listen to, so I'll usually get a bunch of country or a bunch of hip hop at one time. Except this week. This week I downloaded the last three songs on the list below: a contemporary pop hit, a 1980s classic, and a song from a musical set during the Cold War. But I'm obsessed with all of them right now.
This is the order of songs on my list, although I prefer to listen to them on shuffle, so I never know what song I'm getting next. This way, I can get a little extra boost from a "power" song when I'm not expecting it.
Is that the best method for running? Probably not, but it makes things fun!

  • "Let's Get it Started" (Black-Eyed Peas)
  • "I Like to Move It" (will.i.am - Madagascar 2 soundtrack)
  • "Low" (Flo Rida)
  • "Footloose" (Kenny Loggins)
  • "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" (Dropkick Murphys)
  • "Shadows of the Night" (Pat Benatar)
  • "I'm a Believer" (Smash Mouth)
  • "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" (Pat Benatar)
  • "Telephone" (Lady Gaga)
  • "Holdin' Out for a Hero" (Bonnie Tyler)
  • "The Rockafella Skank" (Fatboy Slim)
  • "Drunken Lullabies" (Dropkick Murphys)
  • "Stand" (Rascal Flatts)
  • "Comin' to Your City" (Big & Rich)
  • "When God-Fearin' Women Get the Blues" (Martina McBride)
  • "Suds in the Bucket" (Sara Evans)
  • "All Star" (Smash Mouth)
  • "New Orleans" (Lousiana Gator Boys - Blues Brothers 2000 soundtrack)
  • "Fighter" (Christina Aguilera)
  • "Poker Face" (Lady Gaga)
  • "Listen to Your Heart" (Roxette - DHT Hardbounz mix)
  • "Like a Prayer" (Madonna - Mad'House mix)
  • "Salty Dog" (Flogging Molly)
  • "Stronger" (Kelly Clarkson)
  • "Jerk it Out" (Caesars)
  • "I See You Baby" (Groove Armada)
  • "Maybe I'm Wrong" (Blues Traveler)
  • "SexyBack" (Justin Timberlake)
  • "Whenever, Wherever" (Shakira)
  • "Hey, Soul Sister" (Train)
  • "The Edge of Glory" (Lady Gaga)
  • "Hips Don't Lie" (Shakira)
  • "Just Dance" (Lady Gaga)
  • "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" (Trace Adkins)
  • "Bad Romance" (Lady Gaga)
  • "Something That I Want" (Grace Potter - Tangled soundtrack)
  • "Thanks a Lot" (Martina McBride)
  • "Good Time" (Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen)
  • "Let it Go" (Idina Menzel - Frozen soundtrack)
  • "SOS" (Rihanna)
  • "Happy" (Pharrell)
  • "Brave" (Sara Bareilles)
  • "Glory Days" (Bruce Springsteen)
  • "Nobody's Side" (Idina Menzel - Chess Live in Concert soundtrack)
What do you think? Do you have any of these songs? What are your favorite songs to listen to while running? What are some songs you think I just have to add to my collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment