Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Obviously...

This is the second week I haven't had a meal plan.
Last week I went to Payson Monday night and didn't come back until Wednesday, so I had an excuse.
This week - I got nothin'.  I just flat didn't come up with one.
So the rest of the week is going to be fraught with me swearing up a storm as I try to put a week and a half worth of veggies into only a few days of meals.
While I'm thinking of doing slow cooker mashed root veggies one night, I'm pretty sure that we're going to have a lot of salads.

What do you like to do when you are all out of ideas and/or time?

3 comments:

  1. When I blow the meal plan, I toss as many veggies as possible in stir fries and/or pasta. Being that you are currently The Brisket Fairy, perhaps a few of your leftovers to mix it up with the surplus veggies? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth: Next week we're not even in the house together for dinner for most of the week. So I pulled a couple of containers of curry out from the freezer (one lentil, one chicken) and dubbed next week freezer week. There will still be veggies around for salads, etc. but sometimes I just bite it and lose the battle. That we have food to eat in the house is our victory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make better use of freezing items. Since I'm the only leftover eater in the house, I usually try to make meals that will not result in leftovers, but I think that when the cooler temps return in the winter, I'll try to do more with soup for weeks such as the one you described.
    Veggies and pasta sounds tasty. I need to restock the pasta supply this weekend.

    ReplyDelete