Monday, December 9, 2013

Reverb 13 · Prompt 9 · Shock and Awe

#Reverb13 is a prompt-a-day series for the month of December that is meant to give participants the chance to reflect on the past year and take the opportunity to write down some hopes for the coming year.

Prompt 9: What surprised you the most this year?

I don't really "do" surprises, although Husband has always, I mean always been able to surprise me for birthdays, anniversaries, and Christmas.  He even helped my students throw me a surprise baby shower when I was pregnant with HRH (that was my first surprise party ever, and it took at least 45 minutes for my heart to stop racing).  I'm not as good at them, so I rarely get to be the surprisER, being instead the surpriseEE.

This year was filled with few shockers, for which I think we can be thankful.

The one that stands out, for both its inconvenience and hilarity: four-year-olds have a remarkable ability to use up all of one's iPad/laptop memory just with in-app photographs (worst idea EVER) and more selfies than an all-girls' high school.





I currently have over 2000 photos on my laptop, just since March.  A quick estimate places Disney Princess Palace Pets and selfies numbering approximately 1754 of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment